VOTE!! A Mail Art Project
What does voting mean to you? The cornerstone of a democracy is the citizen’s right to vote. On November 3rd, Americans will VOTE for the next President of the United States. Let’s say this mail art is your ballot – what are you VOTING for? What would you like to see changed?
A Mail Art Project
- Participation is FREE and encouraged from around the world
- Technique is FREE – painting, drawing, collage, mixed media, photographs, 3D objects, etc.
- Size is FREE – whatever you can get through the postal system
- There is NO jury selection
- There will be NO return of mail art
- There will be NO sales
The mail art will be scanned and posted on Instagram and this website. Please only include a return address if you don’t mind it being published online.
Please only send mail art on the theme VOTE. Other mail art will not be published.
DEADLINE – Must be postmarked by November 3, 2020
The project will be donated to the Special Collections at Vanderbilt University Library in Nashville, Tennessee, USA.
CREATE – STAMP – MAIL
In the words of Ray Johnson, “Please Send To”:
- Jason Brown
- PO Box 160267
- Nashville, TN 37216
- or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Examples of Mail Art from past projects
I’ve come to love the concept of Mail Art projects. They are accessible to all. People from around the globe can take part. All you need is your imagination and a stamp.
I thank all of you for joining me in this journey of creativity and inspiration.
- my view from home (2020)
- I propose to fill this pod with … (2016)
- Letter to Me (2015)
- Reinvention: A Mail Project (2014)
Previous Mail Art projects have been mentioned in Time Magazine, artnetnews, Atlas Obscura, Art of the Week Nashville, Nashville Scene, StyleBlueprint, Talk of the Town (WTVF), The Tennessean, Nashville Arts Magazine and several websites.